Friday, January 25, 2013

How to dress like La Parisienne







  How to dress like La Parisienne.



I stumbled upon some old Album in my Laptop and I came up with this idea of featuring "How to dress like ____ "(Enter the name of the City).


Next post will be "How to dress like Manhattanite" or NYer (although NYC is home of many styles and boroughs).I am in love with French women. They posses something so eternally chic and they are so inspirational. I will take off maybe a bit so you can get a bigger picture, of course not everybody dresses like this but majority does!


Over the years I gathered a lot of experience when it comes to pointing out the style in big cities such as Paris, London, NY, Milan, Dubai, Shanghai, Moscow,  and so on. 
I'm also planning to make two posts on "Serbian Girls", "Croatian Girls". And "Bulgarian Girls" (JK LOL who knows knows)




The Answer:


I have to adress the hair. Bed Head is still the look. Very carefully aranged messy hair.
This is NOT Brit unwashed messy hair. Jamais!

Attitude.

Lot of Jeans. This  pic is bit dated but it pictures all that cool. Certainly Jeans (total look or shirt, just no skirts, please). C'est La Vie.

Lots of Grey, Black, Khaki, Parisian Blue, Scarlet, Cobalt,White. It's Europe after all.

The super jeans can be tucked into the "riding" boot.
The Ballerina will never die. A must have in Paris.
CONVERSE!
Yes it's absolutely true. Chuck Taylor Converse are HOT in Paris best in gris/grey.
Who knew?

TIGHT JEANS -very tight painted-on tight.
BIG BAGS!




Paris Hair. Nonchalant. 

Big Bags. Big Scarfs.

Ballerinas + Shirt + Skinny jeans + effortless chic


STRIPES.
You can not go wrong wearing stripes in Paris.
This woman is impossibly classe.

Just a smidge of stripe/à rayé and you've got a style score in Paris.

Stripes + big bag + jeans + Fr. scarf
C'est comme ça


Hair + Stripes


Chic Frenchie on Velo/Velib



If I could point out just one thing, that would  be the earings. Frech woman DO NOT WEAR EARRINGS.I have no idea why, but it's true. 
Did I mention the " eeeeeee-Pod", IPhone, Ipad? Essential nowdays. Absolument. My mother used to tell me about Paris without "all this technology" as she says. Times change, but we always have Paris.
These girls neither crave 15 minute stardom nor wear flashy logo clothing. They are dressed effortlessly. After all, they are from Paris.



2 comments:

  1. it's "la parisienne" not "le"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci, French isn't my 1st, and I make mistakes here and there.

      Delete